THE MISSION OF TRINITY CHURCH is to INTRODUCE people to Jesus Christ, DEEPEN faith and make disciples, ENCOURAGE community, and PROVIDE opportunities to use our spiritual gifts both locally and throughout the world.
WELCOME TO TRINITY
Thank you for taking time to visit our website. There are many fine churches in greater Venice and we are honored that you would take time to give us a peek.
If I were to tell you what Trinity Church means to me, it could be summed up in our CORE VALUES. Which we begin by saying, We seek to be Christ centered, Biblically based, and Spiritually Alive! That was an informal mission statement that found its way into a definition of who we are and what we are about. Let me explain:
- By CHRIST CENTERED we believe that the One who brings us together is Jesus Christ. Our teaching, our preaching, our life-styles center around Jesus, fully God and truly human, ‘who loved us and gave himself for us.' (Galatians 2:20)
- By BIBLICALLY BASED we believe that the Holy Scriptures—the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments—are the “God-breathed” word of God written and is our final authority for life and doctrine.(2 Timothy 3:16)
- By SPIRITUALLY ALIVE! we believe that if the Christian faith is really true, it needs to be demonstrated in a robust way that makes a difference in our personal lives, our congregation, and how we live that out in the world. (John 6:63)
So whether you are a long-time believer, a curious seeker, or an honest skeptic, we invite you to join on this journey of “Amazing Grace.” I would look forward to greeting you. So, come and see!
Pastor Chuck Wiggins
The gospel of Luke is one of four New Testament gospels accounts known as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. They are the four narratives we have of the life of Jesus.
But why the gospel of Luke? The author of the third gospel is both a physician and a historian, a follower of Jesus who is writing to a very cosmopolitan audience far into the Roman world beyond Palestine.
Our journey through Luke promises to be an adventure. By trying to “get a handle” on the chapters we’ll see how the good news about Jesus is presented to a truly global audience—then and now.
How much do I need to know about the Bible to become part of Thursdays@Ten ? Just about nothing. In fact, whether you are a long time Bible student, a “beginner” or even a seeker, there will be something for everyone.
Come join us on the journey through the Gospel of Luke!
Bill is a retired UCC pastor who is active, along with his wife Jackie, in Trinity Church. He is a graduate of Yale Divinity School.
This class begins on February 5 at 10:15am and has the potential of opening our minds and our hearts to the God of glory and the Savior of our souls. The more we know God ... the more our lives are transformed.
Pastor Sharp served Grace Bible Church in Lake Como, NJ for 21 years and Good Shepherd Church in Englewood for 13 years.
He considers the teaching and preaching of God's Word his highest honor and loves God's people. He says that his wife; Diane is not only his best friend and encourager but also a full partner in ministry over the years.
(1) The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind.
(2) The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God.
(3) The maintenance of divine worship.
(4) The preservation of the truth.
(5) The promotion of social righteousness.
(6) The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world.